Objectivity/DB 11.2 Release
San Jose, Calif. — Sept 9, 2013 – Objectivity, Inc., provider of the leading object and graph databases, today announced the availability of Objectivity/DB 11.2 with new enhancements to navigation queries and predicate query language. Objectivity/DB has been the leading object database for more than 20 years and is deployed in multiple verticals with customers including the Department of Defense, Ericsson, and Siemens.
Objectivity/DB helps developers of enterprise, government and web-scale services to manage and query data in high-volume, high-complexity and high-throughput environments.
New features in Objectivity/DB 11.2 include:
- Enhancements to path processing in navigation queries.
- Predicate query language (PQL) for navigation queries - New navigation-path operators, and updates to existing operators to support navigation queries
- New PQL operators and enhanced, reorganized PQL documentation.
Expanded selection of Tool runner tools and Programmatic Tool execution
- Traditional tools now available through the tool-runner command-line mechanism.
- Tools support Unicode UTF-8 string values.
- Programming interface for invoking tool-runner based tools from an application.
- Includes critical Bug Fixes for the oocheck/oofix tools.
- Bug fixes to the Objectivity C++ and Java bindings and other tools.
- More details posted on the Support Website.
Deprecated Feature: Pre-R9.0 Database format
- Pre-Release 9.0 format, also known as “old catalogs” is being deprecated. Starting with the next Release, R11.3, new or rebuilt applications will no longer be able to access a pre-Release 9.0 federated database unless it is upgraded to use the Release 9.0 (or later) internal database form.
Objectivity, Inc. is a pioneer in high-performance distributed database platforms that power mission-critical applications for the most demanding and complex data sources in the enterprise. Objectivity delivers organizational agility at scale by enabling our customers to enrich Big Data with Fast Data.
With a rich history serving Global 1000 customer and partners, Objectivity holds deep domain expertise in fusing vital information from massive data volumes to capture new revenue opportunities, drive competitive advantages and deliver better business value. Objectivity is privately held with headquarters in San Jose, California. Visit www.objectivity.com to learn more.
Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Sterling Communications, Inc.