Getting StartedMetadata Connect is a flexible Software as a Service application hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- There are two main interfaces, online and programmatic.
- There is a bulk data load tool for CSV files.
- There is also a resources and support site reachable via the “Resources” menu option
- The Metadata Connect interactive application is used to define the information and connection types then enter (or bulk upload), manage and query data.
- Most users will only interact with the Metadata Connect application via their standard web browser.
You can access the application via the button below.
Some of the items being tracked by Metadata Connect will generally be created and updated by other applications, such as Microsoft Office or enterprise systems:
- Application engineers can interface other applications with Metadata Connect via a special Application Programming Interface (API).
- The REST API supplies all of the interfaces needed to define data types and create, update, delete and read them.
- It also supports powerful queries that can be used to extend other applications.
Developers should visit the Objectivity Developer Network website for more details.
Bulk Data Loader
Keying in millions of existing data items manually would take far too long, so there is a Bulk Data Loader that can be used by the software engineers setting up a new system or by users who can obtain the data in the appropriate format (CSV) then upload it via the web browser interface.
Planning a Workgroup Deployment
Learn how to prepare for deploying a workgroup solution using Metadata Connect.
Before you dive in, please take a look at the installation instructions for Metadata Connect on Azure. You can save them first then go to the Azure Market Place page.
View Metadata Connect on Azure
Or, if you’d like to learn more about licensing options take a look at the Market Place then return here for the installation instructions. Note that the summary page only shows a subset of the options. Metadata Conenct can currently be configured to run on 1 to 128 cores.